Female stereotypes!

On Saturday we had a barbecue for my sister who turned 21 yesterday, the same day as Ashton's. And to be honest it was such a fun day. We had family and also had some of Whitney's friends over. So what I really want to talk about was what happened at 3 in the morning on Sunday.


So most of the people had gone home or have gone to sleep at this point and their was me, Whitney (My sister), Gio (my sisters boyfriend), Levine (Whitney's friend) and Remi (Levine's boyfriend). So they were all sat around the kitchen table and me on the floor as there was not enough chairs and they started having a debate and to make it better they have already had a few drinks.

The topic of the debate was being loyal and they were talking about how girls aren't as loyal as they say they are. This automatically got me inspired and want to listen to their debate so I could write about it, hehe. I don't really remember how the debate started to be honest but it actually turned into a full on debate boys against girls with me just watching the whole thing. And it was strangely entertaining.

One of the things they were talking about is when girls go on a night out and how they always wear short skirts and things to attract boys and that girls are always wanting attention from boys even if they have boyfriends. Whitney and Levine defended themselves by saying how when they go out they never wear short skirts and Levine even asks Remi if  it is okay for her to go out. They also discussed how when girls go out they want the boys attention with Whitney and Levine saying how when they go to clubs they stay near the toilets and if a boy starts to come up to one of them they either go into the toilets or lie and say that they are lesbians.

Whitney then also explained that she wears a ring and if a boy tries to approach her she moves the ring her her ring finger and says that she is engaged. They also said that they do this whenever they go to carnival. Whitney and Levine went into saying how all girls are not like that and yes some are not loyal but others including themselves are indeed loyal. This whole debate lasted for about an hour and and I really wanted to write about it as I found it quite interesting to know what boys actually thought about girls and to be honest it is not right as even though some girls may truthfully be like that, it doesn't mean all girls are like that and even some boys may be like that so it is not right to target it towards girls.

I think that many people are different as some may be loyal and some may not be and that doesn't mean that  you should go out and start stereotyping people for things like this, as everyone is different. Even though I doubt they really meant anything by this as they were all clearly tired I found this interesting how couples can have their doubts about loyalty and make up stereotypes about the genders which really are not true or apply to everyone.

Random and unneeded fact of the week:
People do not need to change to make me happy, I like people for who they are even if sometimes they annoy the hell out of me.

Find me on:

Twitter - Normal
Twitter - Blog
Instagram
Pinterest
Bloglovin

Love you x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liebster Award | Discover New Bloggers!

July favourites!