Album review: 5 Seconds of summer Sounds good feels good!

So 5 seconds of summer brought out a new album on the 23rd and lets just say I personally really like it. Sounds good feels good is a 17 song album (the deluxe version), and even though most people had already heard 5 of the songs from it before the rest of the album came out, I can still actually say that I love it. I really like the sound of the album as a whole and how it is about the new generation. All of the songs are or could be really relatable to many people and that is one of the main features to why people are going to like the album.

So the songs (In album order):

Money
Money is one of the songs that came out before the rest of the album and is one of the upbeat songs from the album. I really like this song because it is really catchy and found it easy to learn the lyrics especially with the chorus. And at concerts it would seem like a fun song to sing along to.

She's kinda hot
Again She's kinda hot is a song that was released before the rest of the album and is another upbeat track of the album. She's kinda hot was the first single of the album and this is the song that 5 seconds of summer brought out the whole 'The new broken scene' thing with and it confused a lot of people on what the new broken scene was. Again this song is easy to learn and is catchy and fun and really energetic.

Hey everybody!
Once again Hey everybody! is another track of the album released before the rest of the album and it is one of the singles of the album. Like the other two songs it is very upbeat and energetic and again is catchy and the lyrics are again easy to learn. I like this song because you can just shout the lyrics out and it really brings out the message of the new broken scene showing how it is hard to get a good job as if you have seen the video that is what it is about (I think).

Permanent Vacation
This song is a little different to how it was brought out compared to the last 3 tracks as although people have heard it before the album was released it wasn't released like the others, but instead the boys had been singing it live a lot. Like all the previous songs the lyrics are easy to learn as there aren't really much words in the the song and they tend to repeat the chorus a few times. In one part of the song the lyrics are 'We are the voice of the new generation' Bringing out the message of the new broken scene again.

Jet black heart
Jet black heart is another track from the album that was released before the rest of the album. As you can see most of the songs they brought out before hand are all together on the album. This song is slower paced than all the previous ones and again it is easy to learn the lyrics as it is catchy and something fun to sing whenever, to be honest.

Catch fire
Catch fire is the first song on then album to not have been released before hand. So when first listening to the album it would most probably be the first song that you listen to that you haven't heard before. I really liked this song when I first heard it as it is one of the slower paced songs on the album and I really like slow paced songs.

Safety pin
Safety pin is about two broken people being together and how they help each other in life. I really like this song as it is another middle paced song and the lyrics sound as if they can relate to some people when it comes to relationships and the chorus is also catchy.

Waste the night
Waste the night is another slower paced song and Again it is easy to learn the lyrics as the chorus is repeated a number of times. And I have a feeling that it would be a song that everyone would like and would sing at concerts.

Vapor
Vapor is once a slower paced song. I really like the beat of the song along with the lyrics and like the previous song it would be a song that would be good to sing at a concert as you can just sway your arms to the beat as it is slow paced and is just a calm song.

Castaway
Castaway is about someone leaving and now you feel like a castaway. I really like this song because it is easy to sing along to and again it is one of the slower songs on the album. This song could be another relatable song to people as its about someone leaving so you just feel lonely and empty without that person and not knowing how you have grown so apart.

The girl who cried wolf
The girl who cried wolf is another slow tempo song. It it is quite like the other songs when it comes to catchiness. I really like the melody of this song as once again it is another calm and slow song and it is nice to listen to a few times on repeat.

Broken home
Broken home is about parents who argue which again people may be able to relate to. I really like this song, and it is without reason my favourite song on the album and by the tweets that I have seen many people have also really liked this song. This song is like a call out to parents who argue because they argue more then they take care of their children.

Fly away
Fly away is the other song that had been released before the rest of the album.  This is another one of my favourites of the album. Unlike the last couple of songs this song is much more upbeat. I really like this song because it is really catchy and the lyrics are easy to remember. The chorus of this song is my favourite part because it is really fun to sing.

Invisible
Invisible is another slow song and is about being someone who is invisible to other people. This song is another one that I like as I'm just into slow songs. And I'm sure that other people would also like this song.

Airplanes
Airplanes is more of an upbeat song but it isn't as up beat as fly away. It has a really catchy chorus and is another song that I am sure that people would like.

San Francisco
San Francisco is another catchy song and is as upbeat as Airplanes. I really like the chorus of it and it would be a fun to sing around the house once I learn the lyrics. It would also be fun to sing at concerts because of the beat of it.

Outer space/ Carry on
Outer space/ Carry on are two songs put together, because of this it is the longest song on the album being 6 and a half minutes long. First of all I really like Outer space as it is quite catchy and upbeat and is a fun song to sing along to and I really like the beat of both of the songs. Carry on is more slower paced than Outer space but the chorus is fairly upbeat.

Overall Listening to all of the album I really like it. And I think you should go and buy and listen to the album yourself. I would give the album a 9/10 as there isn't really anything I don't like about the album apart from the fact that they had released quite a few of the songs before hand. Go and buy the album and support the boys by getting it from Amazon, Itunes, Google play and HMV.

Random and needed fact of the week:
On the week before New years my blog will be coming down for a few days while I change the layout and design and will be back up on New years day for a new years post.

Stalk me on:

Twitter - Normal
Twitter - Blog
Instagram
Pinterest
Bloglovin

Love you x

Comments

  1. I LOVE this album! They remind me of a cross between Busted and 1D! x

    Christina Marie - xtinagsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same ever since it came out I have loved it, I love your blog by the way xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Liebster Award | Discover New Bloggers!

July favourites!